In 2016 we welcomed Mr. Bert Hart as the Principal of Robert E Lee Elementary. Mr. Hart is very familiar with our neighborhood schools, having taught and/or led at JFK Learning Center, Stonewall Jackson, and Lakewood.
Mr. Hart received a BA in English/Communication from the University of AR-Fayetteville and taught freshman English there as a graduate assistant (that is also where he met his wife, Jennifer). He began is teaching career at Sunset High School, then South Oak Cliff High School. He then transferred to Stonewall Jackson and taught sixth grade for nine years.
After receiving his MEd. in School Administration from Texas A&M-Commerce, he began his admin career at Kennedy Learning Center. He later returned to Stonewall as assistant principal and then served in that same capacity at Bayles and Highland Meadows. In 2010 he returned to Stonewall as Assistant Principal before transferring to Lakewood in 2015 where he served as interim Principal before joining us at Robert E Lee Elementary.
Fun Facts About Principal Hart
- He grew up in Pine Bluff, AR
- He served in the US Navy as a submariner from 1976-1980
- His wife, Jennifer, teaches at Dealey Montessori
- He and his wife have two children – Ben (26) and Leah (21), both of whom live in Fayetteville, AR
- Managed a Kinko’s Copies in Jonesboro, AR and Ft. Collins, CO
- He has a boxer named Finnegan and a pug named Peanut.
- He and his family have visited 49 of the 50 states and have camped in most of those.
- He enjoys kayaking, hiking, camping, and reading.