What is Two-Way Dual Language?
Children in the Two-Way Dual Language program receive teaching in both English and Spanish, providing them with the opportunity learn to read, write and speak in both English and Spanish. The class is comprised of both English-first speakers and Spanish-first speakers, creating a dynamic and effective Dual Language environment. You can learn more about the Two-Way Dual Language program on the DISD website (disd.org).
Who is Eligible to Enroll in the Dual Language Program?
All Robert E Lee students in grades pre-kindergarten through first grade are eligible to enroll in the Two-Way program. As students continue to advance their grade level grades, the program also extends in order ensure students continue to advance in their native and non-native languages. The program has limited availability and is first come, first served.
How Do I Enroll in Dual Language?
Enrollment for Dual Language is open during the regular DISD enrollment period, which is generally the December to January prior to the upcoming school year. The application for the Dual Language program can be found HERE. Please contact the school directly for more information on enrolling in Dual Language.
Spanish Websites & Resources to Practice Spanish with Your Kids
Below are some websites recommended by the DISD Bilingual ESL Department as resources for practicing Spanish with your children:
- Cervantes.es: Interactive Vocabulary Games
- Crececontigo.gob.cl: Learning Games
- GPB.org: Spanish language series that includes animation, puppets, and games
- OnlineFreeSpanish.com: Various activities: Vocabulary, word search, click-and-match games
- LearningGamesforKids.com: English/Spanish word match, English/Spanish color match
- PBSKids.org: Main link to PBS Spanish activities, including Maya & Miguel and Curious George