Robert E. Lee seeks to empower our students to be transformational leaders equipped with the skills to become globally-conscious citizens dedicated to lifelong learning.
Our mission is to develop well-rounded students through an integrated, inquiry-based curriculum that will expand their creativity, promote respect of the global community, and cultivate reflective thinkers.
- Our main purpose is to foster the development of well-rounded students.
- Staff members must have a dedication to dedication to high quality, trans-disciplinary instruction
- Intercultural understanding and respect are greatly valued and practiced daily.
- Stakeholders must have a commitment to children and the pursuit of excellence.
Key Components of Our Education Plan
- Teachers will plan and utilize interdisciplinary units of inquiry as part of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP) framework.
- When planning the units of inquiry, teachers will reflect and apply knowledge by generating a final product to enhance their learning.
- At the culmination of each unit of inquiry, students will reflect and apply knowledge by generating a final product to enhance their learning.
- We will explicitly teach and model the 10 student learning outcomes which are a part of the IB philosophy. The student will be encouraged to be inquirers, thinkers, communicators, and risk-takers who exhibit the following characteristics: knowledge, principled, caring, open-minded, well-balanced and reflective.
- While teaching the state standards, teachers will imbed the instruction of social thinking and communication, research and self-management skills.